Trust And Safety, Business Operations Analytics Intern
San Francisco, CA
We’re looking for a data-driven entrepreneur to drive meaningful insights that will enable us to continually improve how we operate our business. You will report directly to our Chief Operating Officer, collaborating on a wide variety of strategic initiatives, touching on many critical areas of our business (Trust & Safety, Fleet Operations, Risk Evaluation and Management, Customer Service, and more!).
Piqued your interest? Excellent, here are a few examples of the type of projects we’re looking to unleash your smarts, passion and analytical prowess on:
- Dive into data to better understand our renter and owner onboarding growth opportunities and risks, balancing costs and benefits among all our stakeholders (owners, renters, and company).
- Evaluate existing data and make mathematically rigorous recommendations on how to adjust our policies and procedures to enhance the user experience for customers while being a responsible steward of the marketplace. Learn and iterate!
- Develop innovative approaches to manage a fleet of cars owned and operated by individuals in a distributed environment. These approaches must be informed by data, and superior to alternative current market benchmarks.
- Passion, curiosity, strong analytical and communication skills.
- Experience using data analytics and metrics to drive business results.
- Familiarity with Excel, relational databases and/or SQL.
- Knowledge of R, Python, HTML, and/or CSS is a plus.
- Professional work ethic coupled with sound judgment.
- Experience working in rapid growth environment that requires flexibility and continuous innovation.
- Able to “roll up your sleeves” to do what is needed in urgent situations while maintaining a “big-picture” view. You are excited about the idea of working with a small team to get the job done, even if you sometimes need to do things that are outside of your direct job description. Self-starter who needs minimal supervision, and is able to pursue insights where they lead, and communicate these insights to drive results.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects with tight deadlines.
Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to build strong relationships with Product, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Service and Business Development. Key attributes: positive mental attitude, honest, direct, take-charge, good sense of humor.
An outstanding work ethic, high-integrity, team player attitude.
Business/Operations and/or Computer Science, Statistics, Math, Engineering, or related disciplines
We are reinventing mobility. Come join us.
Interested? The internship requires at least a 6-month commitment.
Email us at email@example.com to apply.