Customer Service Representative
San Francisco, CA
RelayRides is the nation’s largest carsharing marketplace, enabling individuals to rent cars from other individuals. We are looking for a positive, outgoing, articulate, and savvy customer service agent to join our team.
- Handling inbound calls and emails from members. Answer inquiries about membership, accounts and our services via phone and email. Majority of contacts are via email.
- Fielding complaints and escalations across a broad range of areas: billing, fees and fines, mechanical issues, damage, and reservation scheduling.
- Ensuring that RelayRides’ members receive the highest quality of service and that all issues are resolved in the shortest possible time.
- Consistently contributing ideas to further improve the member experience.
- Strong customer service background, preferably with prior call center experience and/or demonstrated dispute resolution skills.
- Top-notch oral and written communication skills.
- Strong data entry and computer skills required, proficiency with OS X highly valuable.
- Willingness to work outside standard business hours to support our members when they need it most (i.e. are open 7 days a week, with hours ranging from 7 AM to 6 PM).
- Ability to work both in a team environment and independently.
- Outstanding attention to detail, with strong ethic of personal responsibility.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision/direction.
- Personable/outgoing individual who enjoys working with people, and is able to handle high-stress situations with grace. It’s a fun group, so a positive attitude is a MUST!
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, quickly-changing environment.
- Great problem solving skills and analytical abilities.
- Experience using Zendesk or other CRM or customer service applications, and strong knowledge of Gmail, Google Docs, and Excel.
Scheduling flexibility is required. Expectation of full-time hours, with potential for part-time for exceptional candidates.
We offer: the opportunity to contribute to a growing, dynamic start-up that is good for the planet and our communities. A small, fun team where suggestions and feedback are encouraged – we want you to speak your mind! A nice office quite close to the Montgomery BART stop, including plentiful snacks in the well-stocked kitchen. Health, vision and dental insurance included.
As part of your application, please submit 1) a resume, 2) a brief cover letter, AND 3) a short writing sample (1–2 paragraphs) explaining relevant differences between RelayRides and other car rental options.
This position is full-time / $18.50 hourly, with a 3 month probation period.
We are reinventing mobility. Come join us.
Interested? Email us at jobs‑firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.Apply now